Sunday, December 7, 2008

Practical Assignments


8/12/2008

On friday i was behind the rest of the class after having two days off. Firstly on friday i installed a
window frame into a timber frame, cladded the outside with timber boards, and inside with mdf representing gyproc. I then put a window sill onto the window and surrounded the window with archatrave. I then went onto hanging a single door, i learnt how to use a hinge marking guage.

Monday I began the day hanging bifold doors, i learnt how to correct a twisted door by moving the hinge on the door, i found hanging the bifolds much easier after already having learnt how to hang the single door. I then went onto doing skirting and quad around a block that had alot of internal and external corners at various degrees. I learnt how to scribe quad into a internal corner. We all then cleaned up and went into the class room to do excersizes on cladding.


No comments: